Do you have enthusiasm for history, weaving a good tale and talking to people from every walk of life? Are you creative, energetic, and looking for a unique summer position that you can return to next summer? Does this sound like you? If so then you’re the person we want at the Kleskun Hill Museum.
When it comes to making local history fun and fascinating for visitors to the Kleskun Hill Museum, the Summer Programmer /Maintenance Person plays a pivotal role. You will be responsible for the following:
- Opening & closing the Museum
- Provide tours of the Historic Buildings
- Work with Board to develop and deliver new programs
- Provide information to visitors on Kleskun Hills very Unique History
- Keep Heritage Buildings and grounds clean and inviting.
- Accessioning, inventory, and data entry of Museum collection.
- Accept donated items for the Boards review
- Minor maintenance and painting in buildings as assigned by the board
- Mowing trails
- Aid in special events
- Work with volunteers on building and artifacts
- Aid in construction of exhibits
The Kleskun Hill Museum welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified Canadian students with a passion for history. Superior communication skills, both written and presentation, is essential. The candidate must have a willingness to learn, to work independently and ideally, have experience creating and delivering public programs. Due to the location of the Museum, the candidate must have a valid driver’s license or reliable transportation.
The position of Summer Programmer/ Summer Maintenance Person is a 16 week position, beginning on May 14 and ending on August 31, 2018. You will work a 5-day, 40-hour week, at $20.00 per hour, with a rotating schedule to allow for some weekends off. This position will provide visitors with a memorable interpretive experience on the site during the 2018 summer season.
Please email your resume or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted.