The following information is provided to help with your decision in renting the Bezanson Memorial Hall &/or facilities. Upon choosing to rent the Bezanson Memorial Hall or any of the facilities provided by the Bezanson Agricultural Society, a contract will be sent to you detailing your booking. The signed contract and the damage deposit as required must be received by the Bezanson Agricultural Society in order to reserve your booking. The renter will also receive a copy of the contract and receipt for the damage deposit.
Please note: The Bezanson Memorial Hall facility will be under construction on the south side of the existing hall in 2017. This will affect the entrance into the hall, which will be relocated. Safety fencing will surround the new addition onto the hall.
Bezanson Agricultural Society Rental Information
- A Damage Deposit of $500 is required for weekend bookings or week-day bookings of 2 or more days and the date will not be reserved until this fee has been received by the Bezanson Ag Society and receipted. This is non-refundable if the event is cancelled. It is fully refundable once the event is over and no Damages &/or extra cleaning fees have incurred and will be refunded within 30 days of final inspection.
- For All other 1 day bookings, a booking deposit of $250.00 is required and $50.00 (of $250) is non-refundable if the event is cancelled. It is fully refundable once the event is over and no Damages &/or extra cleaning fees have incurred and will be refunded within 30 days of final inspection.
- The Damage Deposit is required 60 days prior to the event. The deposit cheque WILL be cashed prior to the event, and a reimbursement cheque will be mailed within 30 days of final inspection.
- Full Rental Fees must be paid 60 days prior to the event. A certified cheque or cash will be required if the renter has not made payment prior to the 60 days.
- For Weekend Bookings or 2 or more Week Day Bookings, a Walk Through is required, and the Schedule “C” Checklist is reviewed and signed, unless otherwise agreed upon, before any set up and/or decorating for the event and within 12 hours following the event.
- Prior to the key exchange, the Bezanson Ag Society is to have received the Facility Rental Agreement, all fees due, the Host Liquor Liability Insurance Certificate &/or Short Term Facility Insurance Certificate & Schedule “A” and Schedule “C” signed (in the contract when booking).
- For functions with alcohol present, The Host Liquor Liability Certificate Insurance Policy must be for 2 Million and name the Bezanson Agricultural Society as the additional insured on the said policy. If liquor is being served &/OR consumed at your event, proof of Host Liquor Liability Certificate of Insurance for 2 Million Liability is required for EACH DAY liquor is consumed &/OR served on the premises and in the SAME NAME as the Renter. www.fpb.ca (under Event Insurance) – check it out for a free quote. (Foster Park Baskett is Bezanson Ag Society’s broker). Ensure this a legal Canadian policy if purchasing online. Policy must be supplied PRIOR to receiving access to hall.
- Liquor Licence must be displayed during the event. A Special Events Licence may be needed for fundraising &/or special events as per AGLC regulations.
- For non-alcohol weekend functions of 75+ people: The Short Term Facility Rental Insurance Policy must be 2 Million and name the Bezanson Agricultural Society as the additional insured on the said policy. Ensure this a legal Canadian policy if purchasing online.
- No homemade alcohol can be served, consumed or permitted on facilities owned by the Bezanson Agricultural Society (AGLC regulations).
- The Facility and Facility Grounds must be left clean. Any requirements not met and/or any extra cleaning at$50/hour will be deducted from the Damage Deposit.
- All decorations, posters, paper and/or other debris removed. No tape of any sort is to be used on the walls or floor.
- Tables and chairs cleaned, wiped, dried & put away in designated storage area.
- Chairs are to be stacked 10 high and put in designated corner on dance floor.
- All garbage cans emptied and put in the dumpster located outside the kitchen door.
- The dumpster is not for large items such as broken chairs, ruined air mattresses, plastic covering for bales, etc. Any of these items are to be removed by the participants or an extra dumpster charge will be applied against the damage deposit.
- The kitchen caterer&/or Renter will be responsible for cleaning the kitchen, including wiping down cupboards, drying sinks, putting away all dishes, pots & pans, utensils, and sweeping the floor.
- The grill, deep fryer, stove and ovens are to be left clean.
- NO CONFETTI OF ANY TYPE allowed. Charges to your damage deposit will incur if confetti’s used in the facility.
- No Candles are to be used when decorating. Only battery operated candles are allowed due to fire regulations.
- NO ITEMS MAY BE ATTACHED TO THE WALLS. The tiling on the walls and ceiling is acoustic tile installed to improve the sound quality of your function. It is not designed to have anything attached to it. All decorations are to be suspended from the wire running at the top of the dining area, and to be removed and disposed of following the function.
- NO ITEMS MY BE SUSPENDED IN ANY WAY FROM THE CEILING. THERE ARE HOOKS INSTALLED FOR THIS PURPOSE. NON COMPLIANCE WILL CAUSE THE FORFEITURE OF DAMAGE DEPOSIT.
- This is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is allowed on the grounds & use the provided receptacles to dispose of cigarettes.
- No animals are allowed in the Hall or the Curling Rink.
- Due to fire regulations, hay/straw bales are not to be used within the facility.
- No Fireworks are TO BE USED on Bezanson Agricultural Society’s property.
- Fires must be contained in a fire ring (if no fire ban) and completely cleaned up when finished including wood. Absolutely no burning of pallets.