1) What brought you and your family to Bezanson? My Grandfather and his brother came here from the Maple Creek, SK area in 1927 and bought the land that my current family still live. My father (Bruce Fenton) took over the farm and continues to farm it to this day with myself and family.
2) How long have you lived in the community? I’ve lived in Bezanson all my life of 48 years.
3) Are you involved in any organizations in the community? If so, which ones? Bezanson Ag Society (President) been with this society approximately 12-15 years.
4) What is your favourite part about this small community? I love the small town atmosphere, where you know just about every person! I say “just about” as this small town area is growing and there is lots of new family moving into the area which is great for the sustainability for the community!
5) What is your best/favourite memory from a Bezanson event? I don’t just have one favorite memory, but any new community function becomes my best one!
6) What are your interests and hobbies? My interest are hockey, golfing, camping, farming (more of a career that I love doing).
7) What are some of your family’s favourite activities? My family loves to go camping together (not nearly as often as we would like too though!)
8) It is a typical Saturday, what are you up to? My typical Saturday is usually spent working the farm, when not working I hope to be camping and sitting in the shade (little bit of a white boy) with a cold beer watching my grand children play or visiting with friends around a campfire!
9) Where is your favourite restaurant? Lefty’s in Bezanson and Mr. Mike’s in Grande Prairie (they support community at our fundraisers.)
10) What would you like to see in this community in 5 years time? I want to see some growth for our community to help sustain all our business, but at the same time keeping that small town feeling! I also want to see the new community centre operational and successful for the people in our area.
Assembled by Ally Pilgrim