The Legion “Hut” Played Host for a Special Event.
Celebration of Life : Judith (Judy) Anne Ford (May 29, 1953 – January 18, 2021)
Where: Bezanson Golden Years Club (Senior’s Center)
When: Saturday July 31, 2021 Noon – 3 p.m.
We invite you to join us as we celebrate the life of our mother, Judy. Judy loved her family and community and enjoyed keeping in touch with everyone while working at the Bezanson General Store. We invite our friends and family members to join us at the Bezanson Golden Years Club (Senior’s Center) on Saturday July 31st, for coffee, tea, and sandwiches. Dress will be casual.
Bezanson Ag Society is hiring a caterer/cook to service public and private functions from the Bezanson Knelsen Community Centre. If you enjoy cooking and are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include your experience and wage expectation.
Discover Bezanson is accepting entries from July 1 to September 15, 2021. The contest consists of 6 categories. Submissions will be judged in September 2021 and winners in each category will be announced and displayed.
1st place: $100.00 cash and featured in the 2022 Community Calendar.
One per category, 6 awarded in total.
Runner up: Featured in the 2022 Community Calendar.
One per category, 6 awarded in total.
Photos should be a minimum of 300 dpi and 5-7 MB in size or 4 x 6 for pre-printed entries.
- Landscapes: Bezanson area – Smoky River, RR 42 and TWP 734 boundaries.
- Wildlife: Northern Alberta
- Agriculture: Summarizing farm life, including grain farming, ranching, beekeeping, etc.
- Community Culture: May include community events, sports and recreation, volunteers in action, etc. The people that build Bezanson.
- Historical: Must be significant to Bezanson Community
- Season: All 4 seasons
Please give your photo(s) a title that represents what you have captured in your shot and where it was taken.
Rules & Regulations
All entries must be accompanied with a complete release granting Discover Bezanson and the Bezanson Agricultural Society ownership of submitted photo.
All skill levels are welcome to enter.
Each participant is eligible to win in only one category. Photos will be judged anonymously. Winning images are ineligible for future contest submissions. All photos must be taken in the Bezanson area – Smoky River, RR 42 and TWP 734 boundaries. Photos do not have to be taken in 2021.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please submit up to one photo for each category, via email with the release form to:
Or mail to;
Bezanson Agricultural Society
PO Box 189
Bezanson Agricultural Society is accepting resumes for a Recreational & Leisure Program Coordinator.
Overview: The coordinator will work with a team and will be responsible for the planning and delivering of summer programs and activities at the Bezanson Community Centre.
- Developing, coordinating, and facilitating summer activities and programs
- Promotion and advertising of summer opportunities
- Administrative duties pertaining to programs and events including reporting, design of events and safety documents.
- Candidates must be between 15 – 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- Must be a Canadian citizen and be legally entitled to work in Alberta as per provincial regulations.
- Able to clear a criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Has the ability to lead, exercise good judgment, and work safely while engaging the participants in the summer activities.
- Be a Team player.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 30 hours per week
- This position is an 8-week position beginning June 28.
Submit cover letter and resume including 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While all applications are important to us, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.