The West Smoky Legion #244 has two primary goals; Remembrance & support for our troops and veterans, as well as community development. Looking around the community you will find us filling many different roles including:
- Facilitating Remembrance Day Events such as poppy distribution, Remembrance Day services and contests
- Veterans dinner and recognition awards
- Donating money to community members in need such as house fire victims and hospitalized individuals
- Donating to our local schools (Bezanson & PWA) and clubs such as 4H & Youth Group
- Donating to other community groups including the Bezanson Volunteer Fire Department and Ag Society
- Donating to Organizations such as War Amps, Ronald McDonald House, Victims Assistance, Odyssey House and the Stollery Children’s Hospital
- Providing the Legion Hut free of charge to community for showers and funeral lunches
- Sponsoring activities for kids such as summer swimming lessons for the past 45-50 years and ski lessons
- Organizing community events such as the annual mixed bonspiel and golf tournament
- Sponsor of the Bezanson horse show judges and junior prizes
The Bezanson Legion could use your support. More hands make for less work, a more successful Legion and a more successful community.
How can you help?
- Facilitate community events or programs for children in our community. Volunteer your time to an existing program or start a new one!
- Participate in fundraisers, including selling tickets at kiosks, working casino nights or organizing events such as the Golden Leaf Dine & Dance.
- Assist in remembrance activities such as school drawing & essay contest and the poppy campaign.
- Take a position on the board. We always welcome new members!
If you are interested in joining our legion or volunteering some of your time, talk to a legion member to see how you can help. Thanks for your support!
Did you know that the West Smoky Legion #244 offers sponsorships & bursaries for both high school and college students from the Bezanson area? Check out the Grants & Bursaries information page.