In 1915 a school district was formed under the name of Bezanson. School started in 1916 in the Bezanson Presbyterian Church at the Townsite with Miss Colby as the first teacher. In 1919, as the population of the district in the east was declining, a decision was made to build new frame school at a new location. Todd was the first teacher in the new one-room school. The school was moved in 1925 west to be accommodate the number of students in the area.